social media and music

Back to Website Blogger-icon.png FaceBook-icon.png Twitter-icon.png Youtube-icon.png <bgsound src="http://www.opendrive.com/files/17376376_N3McB/truth.mp3"> </bgsound>

Wednesday, January 26, 2011

The Truth on Training with a Partner


Training with a partner, this is a giant step for mankind in the positive direction when training. If you have a good solid training partner then you have already gotten a step in the right direction! I can tell you this, when I was 16 years old, growing up in NY my kick ass partner for 2 years or so was a tuff nosed Irish, beer drinking, rugby player named Murph! Funny how many of us have a friend named Murph??? This guy was with me through thick and thin! In the rain, snow, sleet, etc. He never bailed! Every Sunday we would drag our asses into the Gym we trained at to do legs religiously. There were times we would puke due to the pain and weights we used back then. We would load the smith machine up on squats and it would bury us to the bottom and my partner would lift me back up and do it again!! These were the days of learning and establishing my presence in the gyms as a youngster growing up.

My point is that without this partner I wouldn't have been able to push myself to the point of no return without him. Your partner is an inspiration, an extension of you and your Passion for working out. If he isn’t like you, then you need to tell this P*ssy to take a hike! Your partner should be the guy who helps encourage you to push onward, not try to watch you fail and compete against you. To be there for you and vice versa. A soldier! IRON IS STRONG BUT YOU ARE STRONGER! Remember this mentally and you will win! (Mantal warfare is another topic we will discuss later.) I can’t tell you there is a disadvantage with having a partner unless he is weak and a basket case. All this will do is bring you down. If your partner is one of these pretty boy wannabe bodybuilders and always looking in the mirror to see if anyone is looking at him then ditch him! Unless you're a pretty boy Brad Pitt look alike too!

Do you guys have workout partners? Tell my why or why not. Tune in tomorrow for Truth Thursday!

The Truth

No comments:

Post a Comment