social media and music

Back to Website Blogger-icon.png FaceBook-icon.png Twitter-icon.png Youtube-icon.png <bgsound src="http://www.opendrive.com/files/17376376_N3McB/truth.mp3"> </bgsound>

Wednesday, March 23, 2011

The Truth on Why I Body Build


I would like to talk about the questions I get asked the most by most people I meet. They ask me, "Why do you lift weights and compete?", "Why do you torture yourself by not eating what you want?", "Do you make money doing this?". These are good questions but If I felt they were truely honest from the heart I wouldn't laugh about it! This is ignorance on most people asking becuase they are just being assholes about it and are lazy AND CANT TRAIN THEMSELVES. Here are the reasons why I am a body builder and what is a bodybuilder to me?
1. I train every morning at 5am religously becuase it starts my day off right and gets the blood flowing. Its kind of like brushing your teeth everyday, if you miss it your mouth smells like shit and you know its because you didnt brush! So needless to say I train everyday due to that energy flow needed that I get from doing this to start my day out!

2. I train hard and heavy with weights, due to that adrenalin rush I get when grabbing a 120lb dumbell and pressing it out for 10 or so reps knowing in my mind that I have just overcome something a lot of people can't do or will ever do!  That feeling of adrenalin allows me to release stress and aggravation from the day before at work, etc. I focus this anger and use it as motivation to push onward and channel this into a massive amount of strength towrd the weights!  Trust me you'll feel 100% better in the afternoon if you do this. This will also prevent you from going to jail if someone decides to cut you off while driving to work and you happen to spill coffee on yourself while driving. Take it from me, I am one of these people who in the past would have thrown my coffe cup at you if you cut me off and I caught up to you!
3. I dont train for money, prizes, or trophies! I train for the love of the sport and the overall feeling I get when I accomplish a show I have been training for. This sport is all about you and no one else. You can't blame your teammate if something goes wrong. If you loose, most of the time its due to you not being prepared. When you walk out onto that stage and look out into the crowd you can't hide behind anyone because its too late. Its you and the music and your mind! Be prepared to do battle. If you give it 100% you will be rewarded. Maybe not always 1st place but mentally you should be rewarded for the long hard road you have overcome. For everyone out there who reads this and knows what this feeling is, you are my brothers and to those that haven't taken this walk then you will never know this feeling.
4. I love this one: "How much do you bench?". I answer it with "I AM A BODYBUILDER NOT A WEIGHT LIFTER......duh!". Then I usually get looked at with a blank stare. Well I might lift weights but I use this to build a better body, kind of like a painter when he paints a picture. You will go sroke for stroke with a brush each time painting to get a better end result and piece of art. This is the same thing with weights, day by day as I get closer to the show date I bring a differnt approach each time, tightening the body up bringing out more vascularity and hardness. When the final day comes I look into the mirror and Bang! I have become a bodybuilder. And I do it with hard work and dedication not weights. 
5. "Why do you lift weights?" is another one.  I answer with "Why do you play golf?" or "...bowl?" or " ...play baseball?". Because I love too! Now stop asking me this shit! Especially from people who have known me for years! Yes the eating part sucks, but after the first 2 weeks down the hatch every sweet potato and chicken taste the same. Blah! But I tell myself the food is just for energy, not pleasure, and flip the gears on my mind. You will find as you go on, it will get a little easier. If not then you're a little girl and need to go play golf or tennis.
6. Not everyone can be a bodybuilder but EVERYONE can lift weights. I encourage you to do so, and exercise as much as possible. But for us bodybuilders, it's a world most will never understand.

No comments:

Post a Comment